Sunday, March 29, 2009

From death comes life...


An early freeze back in October 2008 killed a philodendron that was in a basket on our front porch. I was so heart broken that I killed my plant that I didn't have to heart to take it down and throw it away.

This week I walked out on the front porch and noticed there was a nest built in the dead plant. I also noticed a red-breasted robin watching me intently from the front yard. I went inside and watched from the window as the mother robin returned to the nest.

I snapped a picture this morning of the mother robin on the nest. In a few weeks, I bet we get to watch as she feeds her babies. I plan on taking more pictures and posting them in the future.

From the death of one of God's creations, life is born.

Peace,

Phil

1 comment:

Kris said...

She is beautiful. I can't wait to see her nuture and care for her babies.

Have a happy day

Kris

My favorite Songwriter Joel Shewmake

Quote of the year...

“Be not the judges of men, but love your brothers and sisters, and find ways to reach out to them in common goals and aspirations. Where there is love in common, the divisions of creed will melt away and reveal the true nature of man’s eternal destiny -- one of unity in purpose, to be perfect as the Father is perfect."

Author Brilliant but Unknown

Blog Archive